Amazingly, almost unbelievably, there are still tickets left for this Friday’s Festival Of The Spoken Nerd show in Reading.
Stand-up mathematician Matt Parker, geek songstress Helen Arney and experiments guy Steve Mould present a comedy night for the fearlessly inquisitive.
After a year of sell-out shows in London and science festivals around the country, they’re bringing their unique mix of facts and fun to Reading for the sum total of one night only.
Join three of the UK’s best (and nerdiest) performers for an evening of comedy, science, music, maths and interactive experiments as they ask those all-important questions:
- How can you use a parabola to set stuff on fire?
- How does the angler fish make love?
- And how dangerous can things get with just numbers?
I’ve seen all 3 of these stella nerds performing individually before but never all together. It’s going to be ace. I’m just a little conflicted because I would really have loved to see the utterly wonderful A F Harrold hosting Robin Ince and John Hegley at A F Harrold’s Lovely Cabaret. Such disappointments happen with comedy festivals.
Disclosure: Matt Parker is a good friend of Berkshire Skeptics and he helped us launch Reading Skeptics In The Pub way back in February ’11. Susan and I will be there in the Concert Hall foyer on Friday, promoting our upcoming SitP events. I hope to see lots of you there.
- Festival of the Spoken Nerd
- FOTSN “Extra Time For Questions” monthly podcast
- FOTSN at The Concert Hall, Reading, Friday 5 October, 8pm (Facebook)
- FOTSN at New Greenham Arts Auditorium, Newbury, Wed 24 and Thu 25 October, 8pm (Facebook)
- A F Harrold’s Lovely Cabaret at South Street, Friday 5 October, 8pm
- A F Harrold’s other stuff, including Poet’s Cafe